I read what Alan said and I was very surprised. Now Alan does have a few years on me and Jason and ears aren't all the same...I'll just stop there so as not to cause a scene \:D .

There is no question that the 60s and 80s are extremely easily discernible even to the untrained ear. I don't know if I mentioned it before but the 60s very much reminded me of my Bose 601s with the exception of crisper highs, better instrument localization and smoother bass. They were as laid back as the Boses. And that's not necessarily bad because I find that it's easier for me at least to get involved in the music if it's laid back a bit. But I am getting better at just relaxing rather than practicing forensic acoustics.

The M22 does definitely sound closer to the 80 than the 60. Jason likes the clarity of the 22s but I personally would rather have a bookshelf that has a sound closer to the 60s...and I'd certainly take the 80s' sound in a bookshelf if that was possible. I'll eventually need bookshelves for other areas of our house so I'm anxious to listen to M3s.

I continue to be astounded and mesmerized with the 80s. They sound so much better in my listening space than at General Audio. From now on, when I do listening tests, I'm going to try bringing the speakers to my place.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated