Originally Posted By: wheelz999
I called my local stereo shop who I've dealt with since 98 for all my equipment; Paradigm included, and asked if they would let me do a A/B test using my new M80's (opening the boxes tomorrow) VS Paradigm 11V5's and they are more than accommodating!!! Possibly next week. CAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNT WAIT!!

You just have to be careful when you do the A/B comparison. I took my Bose 701's in to do the A/B testing. We through in Jurasic Park 3 and they turned up the Paradigms to crazy levels. The sound blew me away and then we switched to the 701's and it was night and day. I then turned around and asked if I could put Left Paradigm vs Right 701. When we did this the Bose really woke up.

To make a long story short, it turns out that the Paradigms were on an external amp and the 701's were just off of the receiver. The guy I dealt with said that he didn't know about it and thought that both wires were running off of the external amp. Needless to say, I watched him like a hawk for the remainder of the testing.

As a side note, it didn't matter as the 701's weren't even comparable to the Paradigm Monitor 11's.

Receiver: Yamaha RX-V2200
Main: Axiom m80
CC: Axiom VP150
Surround: Axiom QS8
Sub: SVS PC13-Ultra