I was quite happy to read this post as I had recently picked up a Monitor 11 v.5 system. I must admit I had balked at getting an Axiom 5.1 system due to the possible high return shipping costs on unheard speakers. I could get the Paradigms locally immediately, for less [$950 vice $980(M60) or $1300(M80)] especially since I loved the sound of them in the store. Still do actually. More and more each day. I must say they have reawakened my love of music (lulled by RCA HTiB and MP3s). I have since decided to use my new Room 2 capability with a pair of M3s (still waiting for Purolator) so that I can get into the Axiom sound. After spending over two grand on a system that works, $300 looks like chicken feed (yes, I am aware of the fact that the risk of a few hundred dollars kept me from the Axioms to begin with. Sweet irony. What can I say, I'm retarded that way!).

As for the looks of the two systems, I would say I like the M11s better, although they really do seem to sound better with the grilles on, so it becomes a bit of a moot point.

M80s/VP160/QS8s/EP350; M22s; M3s.