thanks for all the help guys, i really appreciate it!!

if it makes things clearer, i first heard the M22s on a tube anp. the dealer later switched it to an old (70's) Creek audio integrated amp 40wpc when i told him i will be using the speakers with a SS amp. the creek had more bass compared to the tube amp ( didn't find out the output of the tube).

all the later comparisons between the M3 and M22 was done on the Creek.

regarding the subwoofer, i was wondering how should i connect it to the system. should i
i) use a line level connection for the subwoofer, and leave the main speakers on full range
ii) use a line level connection for the sub, but put a high pass filter on the signal for the main speakers ( i was thinking 60-80Hz, but since the speakers roll off naturally around 60 Hz, this seems a bit redundant)
iii) use the speaker level connections for the sub, and take the high passed signal from the sub to the main speakers

what are the relative merits of using line level and speaker level connections?

Besides the Axioms, i am also looking at a couple other speakers; Kef Cresta 10,cresta 30, Tannoy Mercury MX1, MX3

Any opinions on the Wharfedale Diamond 8.2s? they get quite good reviews from some reviewers, others say they suck ( not so directly, but you get the idea)

I am quite undecided as to what i want to get. the Axioms are definately good, in fact they may be too good for me. i thought the other speakers that i listed would do the job for me as well.

Regarding the heavy metal, i listen to Metallica and some Manowar. Are their music EQ'ed to sound nice on FM radio?

i know this post is quite long and covers a lot of areas. i have been looking for speakers for quite some time and i just can't make up my mind. i am currently making do with a pair of JVC mini hifi speakers connected to my NAD.

I really appreciate the help from you guys!!

slack