Craig,

If you want a true 1080x1920 front projector, you have to budget pretty high, and also should wait till December/January. JVC is scheduled then to release their "killer" full-HD unit using D-ILA panels (JVC's own version of the LCOS technology). Currently, the only available full-HD front projector is the Sony Q004, based on Sony's own LCOS-like technology called SXRD, and it costs over $20K.

But if you can live with 720x1280 resolution, a whole bunch of LCD, DLP, and D-ILA options available from ~$2K to over $10K. I remember you once called scaling the 1080i image down to 720p resolution as "cheating" -- it is true indeed, but unless one has a very good eyes (not only highly critical viewing skills but also 20/13 or better visual acuity), I bet most people cannot tell them apart.

I haven't yet watched in action the LCOS RPTV you referred. But I would warn you that the picture quality will very unlikely stand against CRT or DLP RPTVs, especially with respect to blacks and shadow details, according to what people seem to say in the AVSforum. Expect it to be similar to LCD RPTVs in image quality, except for higher pixel resolution.

In case you have a generous budget, among the 720p front projectors that you definitely ought to look at are the Sharp Z10000U, Marantz VP-12S2, InFocus 7200/Toshiba MT8U (these are clones), JVC SX21U, and Yamaha DPX-1000.

Obviously I am biased, but what a front projector offers you, in a nutshell, is really the difference between the experience of watching a "cinema" versus a "television" if you know what I mean.