Diversity is a good point but writing classic song is like a traditional recipe. There are some substitutions of ingredients that just don't appeal to the masses.

Musically, it was a good job. Had Paul wrote it first and in that manner, Kirk would have been beaten to death by canes and orthopedic shoes the next time he visited his Grandfather in an old folks home for his desacrative, unintelligible mockery of a Paul Anka classic.

I went through a KISS phase when I was young. I still like the energy of many of their tunes. However, I remember buying a Gene Simmon's single on a 45 once. I can't remember what song it was but I distinctly remember playing the B side and it was Gene's distinctive, sounds like he needs a coughdrop, 2-4 octave range max, voice singing "When you wish upon a Star." Yup, I thought it was a joke intro but he sang the whole thing as serious and slow & somber as can be.

I think at that moment I learned, diversity is wonderful, but some things are just Wrong.

Sorry, not arguing so much as I'm in the mood for bad humor analogies. The Gene Simmon's story is true though.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.