Alan discusses setting up EP500

Thanks Alan for the great video. However, I'm a little confused on one thing you mentioned. When talking about the gain(volume) setting, you mentioned to start at around the 9-10 o'clock position and AV sub level to 0 dB.

Even in my huge room, this would be way to loud and overpowering. For me to achieve 75dB on the SPL meter my 500, and current 600 have to be around 6-7 o'clock with -6dB on the Denon sub level. I can't imagine what it would be like for someone in a small/med room.

I think the majority of people on the forum would say they run their 500 and 600's around the same setting as I require.

The manuals have always stated "midway" to the 9 o'clock position, this would be around 7 o'clock. Now, for my first 350, this was more correct, actually 11 o'clock was ideal, however, the volume knob on the 350 had a different scale and starting point than the EP's.

I did some testing tonight and with the sub at 10 o'clock, I had to turn my Denon down to like -12dB and I was still way above my goal of 75dB SPL to match the other speakers. If I put my Denon levels on "0" as most say to start, I have to put my sub volume almost to the minimum.

I'm just trying to understand your comment as this seems like it would be way to "hot" of a setting.

Regards,

Randy

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85