Hi,

Sometimes it's amazing the differences--depending on the source recording--between DPLII, dts Neo6 and Logic 7. I switch around between the three to see which one delivers the most believable soundfield. Sometimes Logic7 throws too much information into the surrounds or I have to reduce the surround level. Other times, it seems to add a third dimension with lots of depth and the speakers mostly disappear.

The H/Ks have had very sophisticated bass management on the multichannel inputs for years, which is a nice feature for SACD/DVD-Audio playback, so you don't have to rely on the sometimes primitive bass management of the built-in SACD/DVD-Audio decoders in the DVD player.

After I wrote my earlier response, I remembered that during the EP500 development, I was changing out individual circuit boards with the wiring harnesses. Tom Cumberland would FedEx me a board, I'd install it and check out the performance. I still have a leftover EP500 board sitting on a bookcase, so my EP500 is some kind of Frankenstein hybrid of boards and amp modules of different vintages.

Regards,

Alan

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)