Originally Posted By: EFalardeau
Funny thing, electronics. My sudden increased interest in the Squeezebox had been motivated by the rapid decay of my Soundbrige. It was getting worse day by day. Some strange electic noises could even be heard when on pause (on stop was ok, on pause bad ).

To finally have an answer, yesterday I took out some CDs and compared them with the output from the Soundbrige. Quite a difference and only a few days ago, there was none! To give it a last try, I took it out from the entertainment unit (where it was sitting on top of the vividly-hot HD-Cable box) and put it on my right M80. Hem... Works BEAUTIFULLY again. Tried 4 CDs (15 mins each) and I could not tell the Soundbride (playing lossless ripping) and the actual CD played by my Oppo. It was either heat of electromagnetic field coming out of that darn Scientific Atlantic (or something like that) box.

So, apparently I am no longer on the market for a streamer... Part of me says "pfff, after all these expenses, I'm glad not to have to fork another 400-500$". \:\) Part of me cries "I really want that cool remote with the LCD screen".

Actually, I am happy because at some point I wanted to have a second streamer for my bedroom! But that comes out of a different budget, so I'm OK! ;\)

Well I can say I have been more than pleased with my SB3!

Mark
Pio 94,SB3,BD30,A35,Pio 48AV.Pronto 7000 controlling all. Getting ready for 22s, 150 & QS8s.