That Onkyo doesn't have the networking ability. When I chose the 3808 I figured the networking ability was a fairly even trade for the lack of video chip (as I love the upgradability the PS3 has over the net, and know I'll use the streaming audio), but each person places a different priority on features. The nail in the coffin in my short-lived quest to get the 875 was when I read about all of the problems it had with lip synch and audio drop outs, especially with the DirecTV HR-20 HD DVR, which is the setup I have.

With that DVR, tons of people are reporting that every time you FF, RW, pause, etc., you get a 3-10 second audio drop out as it readjusts to the Dolby output from the DVR. I just could not imagine living with this after spending that kind of money. Then I said to myself, well, maybe a firmware upgrade would fix it before too long... then I realized that because it had no networking, updating the firmware would be a total pain... and that, naturally, led me to the 3808, which arrives at my house tomorrow!

Epic 80-800: HG Cherry