Originally Posted By: Ray3

Wow - hard to believe you aren't already listening to your new 3808 (like I am ).
I smell a little paralysis by analysis on your breath. ;\)
Relative to the video passthrough - the Denon's flexibility with settings is incredible.
Think about this. I enjoy the hunt for new gear as much as anybody and pulling the trigger is always a bit difficult. Once you get to a point where the receivers are about equal in specs, price, capabilities, how much of a mistake can you really make? Pick one and order it. You are losing "enjoyment time".

\:\) Actually, I went through my paralysis via analysis about a month or so ago. I pulled the trigger on an 8002 (already have 8001) due to comfort factor with Marantz. Now I need another one and here I am again. The *only* thing that bothers me about the Marantz is the lack of an Ethernet port for FW upgrades. I heard they may allow end users to upgrade via the serial port, but I just got an email from Marantz stating otherwise.

I guess you are right about pulling the trigger. They are similar enough. I am curious about the professional version of Audyssey available on the Denon unit. Marantz only supports end user version.

Thanks everyone.

--
Denon 4520, EPIC80/500/VP180 Speakers