Some random things from my visit today.

1. I'm not a huge sub guy.

2. Bass wasn't on the menu today at the restaurant where I had lunch. I really wanted to report back that I got all the bass that I could handle and more today.

3. Tom Cumberland sure loves his job. He took a good 20 minutes to talk to me about various things and to show off his lab and all the cool stuff in it. He was quite excited about the stuff he does.

4.The HG cherry vinyl looks very very nice! The HG real wood cherry looks very very nicer!! The HG rosewood is absolutely stunning!!! The fit and finish on them is amazing.

5. Those overhead routers they use to cut the cabinets are way cool. Many, many man-points go to anyone at Axiom who gets to operate them.

6. Standing inside an anechoic chamber is a very wierd experience. 2 minutes and I was antsy to get out and quite relieved once I did. The human body/mind is not ment to be exposed to a total lack of sound feedback.

7. Debbie is a very gracious, charming and patient host. 4 hours and she still seemed quite happy to answer any questions I had.

And now for an auditioning teaser

The ep175 is, well... I know why nobody here talks about them. Maybe in a very small room. The ep350 thumps whumps and thrums pretty good. About 1/2 volume in a room almost the same size as my living room was good for music and more than enough for the LOTR scenes I viewed. The ep400 packs a LOT more punch. Minimum volume was all I could handle. They both seemed very clean to me on music.

OK, gotta get something to eat and then I can write a little more.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!