Originally Posted By: fredk
Some random things from my visit today.

1. I'm not a huge sub guy.

More of a pizza fan?
Sorry, bad Peter joke.

Quote:

3. Tom Cumberland sure loves his job. He took a good 20 minutes to talk to me about various things and to show off his lab and all the cool stuff in it. He was quite excited about the stuff he does.

You should hear Tom and Alan go at it head to head. It's like listening to a tv show debate from the 50s about fine audio. That's not to say they're old, but rather seasoned, and yet somehow boyishly youthful with exuberance about vintage gear.
\:\)
 Quote:

4.The HG cherry vinyl looks very very nice! The HG real wood cherry looks very very nicer!! The HG rosewood is absolutely stunning!!! The fit and finish on them is amazing.

I saw a few of the new finishes just before Axiom really started to roll them out.
Very impressive.

Quote:
5. Those overhead routers they use to cut the cabinets are way cool. Many, many man-points go to anyone at Axiom who gets to operate them.

The CNC machines are quite nifty. Pictures can be found in the Axiom Factory Tour link.
Tour thread here
The Factory has since added to their interior but maybe someday when Mark Johnson goes there he can improve on the terrible state of pictures that i snapped.
I was so excited just looking around that i never paid much attention to the camera settings. I clicked shots so fast i ran out of film before our weekend really got started. I ended up taking about 48 shots at the Factory and only 12 on our trip.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."