The Gotham is a lot like the sub that JL targeted as it’s main competition, the Velo Sig 1812. I have heard both now and say can they really are terrific looking and sounding subs that I can happily live without. We all make our own value determinations and for me those two (and several others) are over the top (sorta like Wilson Speakers).
I have gone through a lot of subs (12 I think) in the last few years. After the EP600 (which I loved by the way) I have had dual Velo DD18’s and now dual F113’s. I even had dual SVS PB13’s in for an informal shootout in my HT room last fall. The room is relatively large (3600 cf) and the room before this one was the same size but with large openings to the rest of the house. I was looking for the pressurized bass that I heard so many speak of. What I have now sub and speaker wise is probably about as good as it is going to get in my room.
This is a very subjective hobby and the Axiom subs are excellent. I am sure that I would be just as content with dual EP500’s or 600’s in my HT. They play very clean and can’t be over driven not to mention much better looking than the ED and Epik subs.

Last edited by rmk1; 03/15/08 05:53 PM.