This is really pitiful to say, but that's what my Dad did when he flew out there for my aunt's funeral 10 years ago....He's a retired Air Force Colonel....

I guess it sounds as though people in my family look for local things to do while attending distant funerals, huh?

I don't mean to sound cold.... I just never knew the guy...we didn't do the Christmas Card thing or anything. Initially, my thoughts were that if I'm going to fly out to an Iowa airport, then drive six hours to a funeral for a person I've never met and would very likely not know a single person there, I might want to meet up with some Iowanians to give me something to look forward to.

Going to Ohio isn't nearly as bad. I was facing two connector flights each way to Iowa before that six hour drive from the airport as opposed to Ohio being a direct, shorter flight and then a drive that's likely under one hour.

Still, though, I've never met any Axiomites and the possibility would be cool.... Despite my living in a fairly dense region population-wise, there aren't any of you nearby....

Last edited by MarkSJohnson; 04/21/08 10:07 AM.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::