OK, I'm now the proud owner of this puppy, and have communicated with a couple of you. While I'm loving the AVR overall, the documentation isn't always stellar. And I know I haven't even scratched the surface of its capabilities. And that damn thread on AVS is waaaaaaay too long. ;\)

So...

I've only got a 5.1 set-up. The speakers are located pretty much in the std config with the side surrounds 2-3 ft behind the seating positions, and about 3 ft above ear level. They are not on the back walls (which are only about another 2 ft back).

Does it matter, and is one more "correct", which of the surround speaker outs I use? The drawing & explanation in the manual (p.72) thoroughly befuddled me. Should I be using "Surround Speaker A" or "Surround Speaker B"? Since you can't hook up 9 speakers to the AVR, I'm assuming you're only supposed to use one of them.

As I read it, I think they are recommeding Surround B, but sure could use some feedback.

And I think myrison may have solved my surround issue. I'm using the PS3 (with latest FW updates) as the primary source right now, and in one thread i read to use the PCM out. I wasn't getting the surround effects that I thought I would, and he helped steer me back to bitstream. I think that's the ticket.

By the way, I love the internet radio options. The excitement may fade with time, but right now I'm loving exploring all of those options and hearing them in decent quality. Nothing like an Electronica station from Poland. \:\)

Rich