Originally Posted By: SRoode
Axioms are more than decent speakers.

The speaker does not know what a "mix" is, it reproduces frequencies. These frequencies can be adjusted, and a bad or decent speaker cannot delineate the "mix" from the frequencies. It plays what it gets to the way it was built.

There are plenty of high end EQ's out there... Try this one to start:

http://www.behringer.com/DEQ2496/index.cfm?lang=ENG

Totally digital and fully programmable... Less than $300 too.

Why do you think I got into Axioms? I like them, I consider them among the best speakers out there, and I have heard a few in good rooms and setups, unfortunatelly not home....

Guys I know what speakers do, and the problem with the EQs is that once you introduce them into the signal other problems begin, unles digital as this one, and even though, you will have phase shifts, noise, and some other problems that may arise, I preffer to fix that naturally, and again till now using bookshelves I never had this problem before, not sure why floorstanders have to be different, once I got into floorstanders, the problems begin...maybe is a matter of getting used to them as well, that is another posibility...

No doubt that getting older is madatory, but to mature still remains optional...Join the M80's team!