Well this may tie in to the 'lack of punch' discussion of the DSP subs.

I typically notice that music appears to have much more bass punch/kick to it when I leave my ep500 off and set my m80's to large (or just press the direct button on my denon 3808).

Here is what I recently found out when listening to 2 channel music:

With m80's only- bass has a really nice punch to it that you can feel. unfortunately my m80's don't go as low as the ep500 so I miss some of the very bottom end.

With m80's set to small and crossover to ep500 set at 60 hz the punchy bass seems to dissapear into the background and almost go away- some music sounds almost thin. virtually no punch/kick at all. ep500 still plays very low notes/sounds in a 'laid back' or 'mellow' fashion.

To remedy this problem I tried keeping the m80's on small and the crossover at 60hz. I changed the sub to "LFE+main". Now the m80's produce the kick, and the ep500 does the duty of the extremely low notes. Seems to work pretty well but need to experiment some more.

Is there something wrong with this??!?!?!?

The ep500 works VERY well during movies (explosions/gunshots/ ect.) but really lacks the punch that even the woofers on my m80's can provide.

what do you guys think about this?

-David