Originally Posted By: fredk

I don't exactly know why, but my marketing-hype sense goes all tingly whenever people start talking about the MFW15. I wish somebody would hurry up and measure the thing.

They have. This guy called "craigsub" who used to post on AVS has a new site with sub ratings. He seems to be well regarded within the AVS community and does his testing with a group of audiophiles and engineers.

Check out his site here: http://www.tweakcityaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11

Here's what he said about the MFW-15:
 Quote:
Listening results: The MFW-15 amazed the panel by largely matching the PB13 Ultra in all musical areas with the exception of pipe organ. Bass is deep, tight and powerful, with no overhang at all. The cabinet work done on this subwoofer is absolultely stellar, especially in its price range. By stellar, we mean just how inert it is. The cabinet barely vibrates during the most powerful passages, and this helps the MFW-15 to get its excellent musical rating. It is, as an earlier graph shows, very linear in its response curve, all the way to 100 Hz. It is in the area of slam an linearity that allows this subwoofer to match more high priced units. The Steely Dan disc on this subwoofer is a bass head's dream, with a lot of the panel requesting to hear it again after the test. Stanley Clarke was also as crystal clear on the MFW-15 as with any subwoofer we have had.

M60 v2 Towers / VP150 v2 Center / QS8 v2 Surrounds