Placement with the vp150 is very important. This same argument is true for all of your speakers, but the center channel is where most dialog comes from and if it is off a little bit then you definitely will notice. I have a tv stand similar to this one.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Z-line-De...roductDetail.do

Actually I have a stand by z-line designs that was made for crt's up to 36" so it is a little bit deeper than this one but now quite as wide.

When I first got my axiom setup the only place that I could put the vp150 was on the shelf below the tv or on top of the tv itself (since I had an old 32" crt). I tryed on the shelf below and put the vp150 so that it angled up and it didn't sound right. It sounded hollow with dialog and almost as it was firing out of a box (it was kind of). I then tried to put it on top of the tv. It didn't sound much better. It didn't sound as hollow like in the first placement, but it was firing right over the top of my head and I could tell that it was doing that. I couldn't angle it down since then it wouldn't be very stable because of its size in comparison to the tv. I never tried to rig anything up so that I could angle it down on top of the tv since I was planning on getting a new tv within the next year. Well, finally this past January I got a plasma tv and I am still using the same tv stand. Now I have it placed on the top shelf along with the tv. This wasn't an option before since the crt was too deep to allow both the tv and speaker on the top shelf. The vp150 is right in front of the tv up to the edge of the shelf and angled up a slight bit with rubber feet. It sounds amazing. All of the shortcomings of the other two placement options are gone. I can't image a direct radiating speaker sounding any better. I don't even have any room for a direct radiating speaker.

- Nick

Last edited by nickboros; 05/23/08 02:33 PM.