I ordered a VaSSAllo EP500 a few weeks ago and after reading this thread I must admit I was getting very anxious, since I live in the States.

Thinking I might avoid some delivery trauma, I made arrangements with FedEx to hold the shipment at the main Sacramento depot. I picked it up today, and to my dismay the box had a huge rip in the side. Fortunately the EP500 was intact, thanks in part to the nylon wrapping, though there was a lot of dirt and carboard debris inside the box. Glad I got the satin finish :-)

The cardboard seems to be of a similar grade as that used in the packaging I've seen for Taiwanese computer cases, not what I'd expect for high-end audio equipment. The grade of cardboard seems too fragile for single boxing heavy speakers.

The upside is I was lucky, it survived and sounds magnificent. I primarily listen to music and the statements I've read regarding the articulation and musicality of their subwoofers seems to be on the money. Axiom also did a fantastic job matching the finish to my existing speakers.

Cheers,

Mark G.