Originally Posted By: mdrew
I continue to see folks bashing Audessey here and elsewhere. To each their own I reckon, but I sure like what it does in my room with my set up. So ya, I agree with Michael, give it a whirl first before you get on the Audessey basher bus. Just make sure you take your time with mic positioning and make sure that you do not have any background noise when doing the set up. After you run it, verify distances and SPL levels. You might also want to change speaker sizes and X-over settings to your liking.

I was running my M80’s with the 3808 and it did just fine. I added a 200X5 amp and didn’t notice a dramatic difference. A wee bit more headroom and slightly improved dynamic range, but it definitely wasn’t a night and day difference.

Thanks for the input guys. The posts I saw where they said to turn it off and do everything manually may be people that have been doing it for years and are used to doing it manually or really know what they are doing.

I used Audyssey on my current setup and it seemed like the volume levels were very low after it did it's calculations but that was right out of the box and I probably didn't do it the correct way, because like most guys, I don't really like to read no stinkin' instructions. I'll give it a shot when my Axioms show up.

Do I understand correctly that the 3808 has an internal 7 or 9 band equalizer and Audyssey sets all those freq. levels? If so how do you reset them all to default and can you access the equalizer manually? I remember having equalizers in the "old days" and thought playing with all those sliders was pretty cool. You could definately fine tune your audio \:\)

"Real Gun Control Is Hitting What You Aim At" - can't remember