He stated that he owns a 2004 Suzuki XL-7 and has the Alpine IVA-W505. The Alpine is a pretty pricey head unit compared to what most poeple put in there car, and comes from a quality manufacturer, so that is good.

As for the "7 speaker system", I generally make the mistake (my bad) of not including tweeters in that count. My car from the factory is a 6 speaker system, but the factory tweeters, as with most vehicles, are such crap that even though I have them, I don't count them. If you want to replace the tweeters too, you could go with a component system up front (gets you tweeters, 6.5" door speakers, and crossovers) and either leave the rears, or upgrade them with coaxial. For bass, you would need to run a new sub and amp from your Alpine. With the size of that vehicle, you can get a LOT out of a 10" sub. Unless you want to be thumping down the road. If you get too much bass, then your SUV rattles like crap and that adds cost to resolve as well.

Some advice I was given in the past was to just disconnect the rear speakers and go with nice fronts and a powered sub. To me, right or wrong, I wanted rear speakers still. Some people, as mentioned above, just leave the factory rears in for "fill". I guess I am thinking that a crappy factory speaker is still a crappy factory speaker whether it is up front or in the rear. So it is either no rear speakers (which seems to leave a void in the sound field) or crappy rear sound unless you upgrade the rears as well.

I have a very low mileage 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. That has 5.25" fronts and 6x9" rears. A big upgrade is to put 6.5" fronts in there, so I've heard a lot of talk about what 6.5" to go with. Oddly enough, one component set that keeps getting recommended is the Pioneer TS-A1702C. People on the Grand Prix forums say that they are great bang for the buck. Of course, component speakers sound best if powered by a separate amp, but they don't *have* to be.

Hope that helps to get you one step closer....

Farewell - June 4, 2020