Based on my experience with several of the subs on that list and group listening tests conducted, I would suggest not reading too much into that ranking. Half of the score is a subjective musical rating which lends a high degree of bias. There have been many reported inconsistencies by other listeners trying to make sense of those scores. In addition, the original thread at AVS was locked for various reasons including complaints over a possible conflict of interest with one of the sub manufactuerers/ designers.

I haven't heard the MFW-15 which looks like a good slot ported sub for the money. Slot ports are basically a hole in a box and a very cheap way of adding SPLs. However slot ported subs generate more port noise than subs with flared ports which I find annoying and makes them a non-starter for me . Simply looking at SPL and FR graphs or a subjective ranking does not tell the full story.

As for the EP subs, myself and others had the opportunity to listen to them side by side with other similar or higher priced subs recently like the Velodyne DD-18, Fathom JL113, Paradigm Servo v2 and SVS PB-13 Ultra and it compared very favourably in real world listening to DVDs and music.

John