So I just got a iPod and a iPhone (awesome things I tell you) and it is making me start to think about HTPC ideas. I just got finished uploading all my CD's to iTunes (25 gigs worth) and the iPhone has a program that lets you control the iTunes wirelessly. So I start thinking well I can hook the PC to my HT system and listen to music outside and have control over it on the phone!

So now im thinking I would like to upload all my movies to the PC as well (dont know if it would go in iTunes or not) I have a nice size of standard DVD's and now I have a PS3 so I will be getting into Blu-Rays. What does SD and BR DVD's take up on a hard drive?

So what I am wondering is in general...I know I could have a HTPC to have the music in itunes and play it on my HT. What about the movies...I am sure the SD dvd's are no problem...but what about BR movies....decoders...HD sound?? Would they be able to play from the HTPC.

I have a old onkyo reciever (that I will upgrade one day) and a PS3 and the means to run hard wire from the HTPC to the HT area.

I would also like something that would have maybe a RAID setup to make backups incase something goes down....it takes a long time to upload 25gigs of music. I want to also use the HTPC as my regular home PC as well with XP on it. I am not sure what is all possible since im just now looking into all this. Any info, link, guidence, would be great! Also...what would this HTPC cost in general...I dont need top of the line either...I am more of a bag for the buck man and with a RAID to keep things backed up I would feel good about going the cheaper route.