Hello! I am in the process of upgrading our home theater system. We just got a Panasonic TH-50PZ800U and a Sony BDP-350 and love them. I have had a $500 Yamaha home theater-in-a-box for about 4 years now. After you are done cringing(hehe), take comfort knowing that I just received a VP-150 and will over time upgrade the rest of our speakers. My reciever is a Yamaha HTR-5740. I wanted to upgrade all the speakers and then get a more powerful, better receiver, but I think the receiver may have to come first. The VP150 does not sound good, sounds thin, sizzley, and has some distortion when turned up to -19 or so db's. I have it unplugged right now to keep from harming it. My other speakers are rated at 100 wpc max and so I can't get a real powerful receiver yet, as I want to wait a little while and save before I upgrade them. So, my question to you all is, what receivers would you recommend to fill my needs? What do you recommend I do? I am anxious to learn more about the technical side of all this, but realize I have very limited knowledge of it at this time. Thanks for all your help!!

Matt

Last edited by MCL; 09/15/08 07:24 PM.