I use the VP50pro. I had a VP50 and participated in DVDO’s upgrade program. They usually allow current users to upgrade by giving them generous credit for their existing equipment towards the new model. This is both good and evil as far as I’m concerned. Good for folks who like to stay on the bleeding edge, evil for those who shouldn’t be spending that kind of money on new gadgets…..IE: ME

I will parrot what JP said, and that the VP’s do an incredible job with 480i, either DVD or Cable/Sat. (disclaimer: some cable / sat feed simply can not be improved upon) They also do equally well with 1080i. For BR / HD at 1080P/24, they can also improve upon by doubling frame rates, making the image a bit smoother. Are they worth $3500???? Hell no they aren’t. At least not to me. If they allowed complete color and gamma calibration, then I’d be more inclined to say they were worth the cost.

So now DVDO is offering a new product (Edge) at a fraction of the price of the VP series. On paper, it looks as if it is worth every penny. However, only time will tell how well it performs. It took DVDO a year to get all the bugs out of the VP50 and I have been waiting for almost a year for them to correct all the bugs that the VP50pro has. I would wait a few months and keep a close eye on the Edge user forum thread after the beta testing is complete. Just wait and see if the Edge comes with bugs that draw blood or not. If it works as advertised, then it gets my vote. I reserve my judgment till then.......