Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
Hello synthguy

I'm sure you are about to receive another warm axiom forum welcome to your post about cabling.

Eh, I'm used to it. It'll be interesting to see how welcome I am now that I told everyone that Axiom sounds like crap without a listen. At least I'm sure that's what a few are thinking. ;\)

And hey, I'm really aching to get an audition from anyone with the M22s, M60s and even M80s in the Kansas City area, but no one returned my PMs yet.

I was going to get Tara Labs until I struck a deal on the Audioquest. But I have to say the Mapleshade stuff intrigues me. I think I'll have to grab some of that speaker cable, might even try that strange ribbon interconnect out.

Quote:
As to receivers, if you are willing to go against the flow, I'd try a Sony TA E9000ES processor (with Version 2.10 software upgrade) if you do not need SACD or DVD Audio. I use one with an Anthem PVA5 5 channel amp and this office system gives up little or nothing to my big 7.1 system with an Integra DTC 9.4 processor, 3 Yamaha M80 2-channel amps and an Integra M504 (Huge VU meters) for the center channel.

Really... I've heard a number of people dissatisfied with the Sony ES stuff... I'll have to look into this if I decide to go HT at some point. But right now, my posse isn't impressed with surround sound anything and are sticking with pure stereo. A good spacious stereo system is going to sound better than any HT setup. And after listening to some EXTREMELY expensive HT rigs, I'm talking upwards of $15,000, I'm still not impressed. The one area HT would make a diff is with suspense and horror flicks, where creepy sounds can be lurking behind your couch. But that's not my cup 'o tea. My Rotel/TDL Monitor Twos really fill the room as it is, though hopefully not too long from now, I can give some M60s a spin. ;\)

Last edited by synthguy; 09/19/08 03:28 AM.