Originally Posted By: fredk
 Quote:
Sony RPTV sets scare me

Now you're scaring me! ;\) I bought when the Samsung LED RPs just came on the market, and the A2020 had the fewest issues of any of the newer RPs at the time. They did not have the issues of the earlier A20.

You are comparing apples to apple-pears. A10, A20(LCDRP) are not the same technology as the A2020 (SXRD)

The Sony A10 and A20 series were LCDRP sets that used their 3LCD technology. Fairly reliable LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) projection sets.

The Sony A2020 was a year newer version of the Sony A2000 and 2 years newer than the XBR1. They are LCOS RPTV's (Liquid Crystal on Silicone) and use the Sony SXRD technology. There was a class action lawsuit against the XBR1 series for an optical block issue(created a purple blob on screen) and Sony offered upgrade or refund towards the A2000 or A2020. The A2000 later reported problems with a "green haze". I purchased LCOS RPTV, but not Sony. Although the XBR2 sets were great looking TV's.

Best bang for the buck used to be RPTV, but you can get large plasma's for a great price now and the price gap has narrowed.