I'm fond of Energy speakers. If Axiom didn't exist my home system would likely consist of Energy speakers. In fact, it was Energy's (and Paradigm's) 'canadian-ness' that led to my discovery of Axiom.

I still have the remnants of an old 'Take5' system floating around at my house acting as kitchen & workout room speakers. They are/were good little speakers. They share the Axiom goal of neutrality and clarity. Energy used to also talk about the Canadian sound research stuff that Axiom touts. I feel that Energy speakers are acoustically very similar to Axiom speakers. Axiom's give you more bang for the buck, but Energy does make good products.

I've not heard any of their 'reference connoisseur' speakers but I did listen to a few from the 'connoisseur' line a few years ago. As I recall, they were good but not good enough to make me want to switch away from Axiom.

My favorite Energy speaker is the 2.3i Veritas. Very lovely speaker. I think it might even be better than the M80. But they're $3,000/pair. Really good, but not worth double the cost over M80's to me. ;\)

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office