My Brother has an Energy 5.1 set with floorstander mains that I can't recall the ver. of.

Different house different room but they sound pretty nice. As I recall, very nice vocals and very detailed highs. I think it is safe to say that in his configuration, they required a subwoofer to fill the bottom end way more than my M60s do in comparison. However, if combined with a good sub, they would be pretty nice I think. His floorstander mains have a fairly small, tight cabinet around smaller drivers compared to Axioms florrstanders, which might contribute to it's heavier reliance on a sub.

I can't actually remember if his sub is Energy. I think it is something else actually but I definitely remember the bass to be weaker than my setup, even compared with my living room setup where my cheap Sony sub is just there to help fill the large room a little and the lone M60s do most of the work in full range mode. Downstairs, the M60s with my EP500 is by far superior.

Of course, it's unfair to compare his setup to one with an EP500 and also, it might just have been how he has things adjusted. Maybe he has tuned out the bass potential as a musical preference and therefore my comparisons are made totally unusable.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.