Mark,
1- Yes, only need HDMI 1.1
2- Yes
3- Yes
4- No (HDCP is mandatory for copy protection, or else it has to be sent analog; same thing here as SACD)
5- Some disks already do not offer regular DD or DTS for the main tracks so you will hit a wall fast, I think, or start learning Spanish or French
6- No additional help from PS3 (doesn't mean it not good, but the problems you face are more from the legal department than technical)

You might be able to get a "collapsed" and reduced stereo image through regular digital connections and use PLII and other to rebuild the surround.

Sounds like you either need a new receiver or some switch boxes to share the analog inputs between SACD and Blu-ray. Pretty those exists (you can't possibly be the first one to ever have two devices with multi-channel analog needs!).

If you go analog, I would recommend the new Panasonic 55 (pretty sure it has analog outputs). I have the BD-30 and really, really like despite it is only and "profile 1.1" (I also have a PS3 in case I really need the additional thingies with 2.0).

Last edited by EFalardeau; 11/15/08 03:52 PM.

See Mojo's signature