I am buying a laptop for my girlfriend for christmas... anyone have some advice? I am looking at dell because I have an option for a 10% off customer coupon or buying one of the models on sale in the november catalog. Unfortunately I can't add the 10% coupon to a model that is already on sale though. I am currently looking at the studio 15 which is regularly $819 but on sale for $659. Some of the available options I am not sure about:

for $50 you can upgrade from a core 2 duo 2.0 ghz processor to a core 2 duo 2.16 ghz processor... I wouldn't think you could really tell much of a difference but not sure.

The standard screen is a 1280x800 but for $125 you can upgrade to a hi res/bright WLED 1440x900 or for $150 you can upgrade to a hi res 1920x1200 resolution. I don't think I am too worried about those higher resolutions on a 15" screen but what is the advantage of a WLED display?

The standard harddrive is 250 gig 5400 rpm but you can increase to 7200 and/or larger size as well. She probably won't need any extra space but not sure about the faster drive.

She will probably use the laptop for homework, internet, music, movies, and some small arcade-style games.

Any suggestions about this model or something completely different?

I want to keep the total purchase under $1000 but would love to spend even less than that.
Thanks.

-David