I have a Roomba Disco 570 and a Scooba.

The 570 is good but I had the 1st gen and the spinning brush kept breaking off arms. I think it was a known design issue and it's since been re-designed. They replaced my brush heads for free, under warranty. For us, it's fairly useful because we have hardwood floors, low profile carpet and not much floor clutter. However, I do have to pick up the kids' toys just so nothing gets trapped. If you have rugs/drapes that can easily get caught in the big brushes, that'll be a problem. If you pets, you may have to get the pet version because it'll fill up w/ hair and clog easily. I do like that it returns back to it's charging base. But you have to make sure to control the room size so it doesn't get so far that it runs out of power before returning 'home'. The remote control is a gimmick, it's really not very useful. Don't pay extra for that.

The Scooba started out great. BUT, it does require a bit of maintenance. You have to make sure clean out all the sections after each use, it gets REALLY dirt fast. If you don't, you end up with a tempermental unit.

The biggest issue is that you have to follow their battery charging rules to the letter. I left my Scooba on the charger and later found out they had f/w issues. As such, I've had to buy 2 replacement batteries at my cost.

If you consider these as secondary, maintenance tools, you might be happy. Don't consider them to be you main cleaning methods, or you'll get frustrated.