I have a Roomba Discovery because I'm a lazy gimp \:D \:D . I run it every single morning for its full cycle. It is two years old and just yesterday I purchased a replacement kit (which includes filters, brushes etc.) and a new battery. I am more than happy with the unit as it does an excellent job cleaning and has eliminated any sweeping. I only use it on my vinyl flooring even though it does a great job on carpet; but for longevity purposes stays off the carpet for the most part. I would suggest getting a more powerful model for regular carpet use. The most important part is to keep up with general maintenance, like any vacuum cleaner. I had a golden retriever service dog with long hair and would constantly shed and it didn't pose any issues. I would have to respectfully disagree with the remote control comment above, I use it all the time to control the vacuum from my wheelchair, and even though I have no use of my fingers, I find it easy to use and very useful. I wouldn't purchase it if you plan on letting the vacuum do the work on its own.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.