Originally Posted By: jakewash
But there is still certain occasions where you would want the double bass effect, say one sub in a large room and the M80s set to large and LFE+mains could possibly help even out the bass.

That’s my case in my room. I had swings of up to +/- 10dB below 100Hz with just the EP500 placed as best I could. With the M80s set to large nothing from 100Hz down to 40 is more than +/- 2 dB. Below that it’s still a mess but can’t see a second subwoofer until I get out of the apartment and know what my final HT room will be.

Also since due to space I had to move my sub to the back of the room, (a few to many EP500 vs little toe battles, guess what won?) and I lost the bass impact coming from the front. I like to feel the direction explosions are coming from on screen since in the real world that’s how it is regardless the low frequency sounds being non directional in a room.

So for my situation right now I’m very please with having the LFE+MAINS option available.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1