Two more cents: I'll point out that my old Denon 3300 pushes my PSB towers at 4-6 ohms up to 100+bd peaks, and steady at 98db with 5 channels pushing at the large setting(full range output). I have run it for hours at loud levels, and for days at lower levels, but running all channels at no problem. From what I have read, the Denon amps just have a bit more power and stability on lower ohm speakers than other AVR companies in the same price range. My AVR (7 yrs old) is rated at 105, but from the test bench results i read years back, i think the THD is solid up to only 88 watts RMS. It sounds so good I can't make myself upgrade (but HDMI is the last straw).

All of this is to say, a new Denon with 130 watts should run a 4 ohm speaker over 100db in a small to medium room without breaking a sweat - assuming quality has stayed up, as i hear it has. And while I hate to do it here, i feel compelled to say my PSB's are great if you are not sold on the Axioms. My Axiom QS8s are also great, and I would not hesitate to pair them with a Denon.

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire