I have always been more partial to Plasmas than LCD, but in my current situation at this precise time in space, I have the opportunity to purchase a TV... follow my drift ? and also the opportunity to have a $3200 tv for $2400 of which I have personaly seen portions of a recent BD movie play on it and was very impressed. Does the 52inch 7 or even 8 series of Samsung Plasma look better than their LCD counterpart ? don't know.. I have not seen a Samsung plasma of that size, or in that price range..so going on the factors at hand 1. I have seen the tv and I like it. 2. The price is as good as it going to get for that set and 3. I have the approval of the financial committee to go ahead with the purchase..so, that pretty much wraps it up.

Of course, I already know that in the near future, ie: 5 - 8 years, there will be some insanely better tech to be had for the same price I will pay today..maybe 60" OLEDS for $3K.. don't know.. but this will have to "tie me over" until something drastically better comes along at the equivalent price (for the day of course).

Acoustic Zen Adagio, Veritas center, Axiom EP500, QS8s, Anthem AVM20, MC20,Adcom GFA7400