Originally Posted By: Rookie
My idea revolves around the fact that at the end of the summer I get the basement when my sister moves out...meaning a bedroom and the basement living room so I was thinking it'd be nice if I bought the receiver and epic 80-600 set up and had it on me when I move out in 3 years...however im starting to think maybe I should just wait until I move out because in 3 years everything will change...hopefully in a less expensive direction lol

Waiting will mean you'll go 3 years without the joy of a home theater. Things may change in 3 years, but no so drastically that you'll wish you never bought the system.

The speakers will last you MANY years. You already have a TV, so that's something you won't need for 3 years. You can get a good receiver for about $800 that will run the system and keep you happy for at least 3 years....maybe you'll want to replace it in 3 years, maybe not.

And as far as projectors go? If you got one of the best LCD's out there now (Samsung 55"), you'll pay almost $5000. You can get a GREAT projector (Epson 6500UB) AND a 103" screen for about $3500-4000.

Made on a Mac