Originally Posted By: sirquack
For surround applications you want Q's, yes bookshelf speakers will work, but won't envelope you in the sound like the Q's will, that is the true experience you want as the recording engineers intended.

I strongly second this. I just moved from direct radiating 5.1 surrounds to QS8's and the change is dramatic. With your setup you will want the QS8s to expand your rear image, as your seating position is against a wall. I was very surprised by how much the QS8 design opened up the rear soundstage. Direct radiating just can't do it, especially in the close quarters you are planning. Give them a shot, you won't return them. High on the walls would be best if you can swing it, but even on stands near ear level, try them out. I'm not a groupie as these are the only Axioms I own, but I bought without hearing and have not questioned it once since turning them on about a month about - and I use them every day. Also, I have not had a problem with them integrating with my PSB 5t towers. The sound is defuse enough that it is not like comparing the LCR.

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire