Quote:
They are also very well built, they use better electrical components, and will last much longer than bargin brands, so you don't have to be worried about buying some else problems as much. Best bang for the buck

I suppose. The receiver I bought in 1977 finally died on my brother last month. It was a mid priced unit of the day. How much longer do you want it to last? In a sense you get what you pay for. The cheaper receivers from brands like Yamaha, Onkyo etc. often do not deliver the power they claim, but otherwise are quality units. The NADs probably deliver everything they promise, but then so does any Denon receiver.

You have a huge range of options available. As to actual power, the more you have the better as far as peak power handling and headroom, but in most cases you will not use that much. I am probably using 30-40w on average to drive my M80s in my 11x20x8' room. My sherwood, which I picked up for around $75 as a refurb, delivers 90wpc. two channels driven. More power would not hurt, but would probably not be used.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!