Out of curiosity I went back to review my original comments on the M22 vs M80 on the day that I did the Axiom Audition.

Here is what I wrote:

Next up, M22 +ep 400 sub vs M80. We started the sub of low, turned it lower, and then turned it to minimum.

Though the winner here was very clear, this was an interesting listen. There was a BIG difference between the vocals on the two. With the M22 and sub, the vocals jumped forward (literally) but were not as clear. ELP track 4 was a different story. The bass REALLY opened up with the M22 + sub. Flipping back and forth was cool. Flip to the M80s, the vocals and upper end open up, flip back, the bass really opened up. What a difference!

M80 definitely wins.

So there you have it Bob. I sure heard a difference between the M80 and M22+ sub. This was a proper a/b comparison as we made sure tha the two systems were volume matched before comparing. I just kept flipping the selector between the A and B channel.

I wonder if you would notice the 'opening up' of the M80s if you were stopping the music to swap speakers.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!