I blame it all on the M3s, this slide into upgrade madness provoked by how much better these speakers are than my $2800 Infinity Composition Overture 3s. Anyway, I've now had the pleasure of listening to the M3s with all the receivers and amps that I've gone through in the past little while and those that I got for my HT systems.

Some surprising results. I started out with a very modest Technics SADX 940 supposedly 5x100 watt receiver which I used only for stereo with the M3s. I've hooked the M3s up to a Yamaha DSP A1, Sony STB1070, Onkyo 797, and finally an Antique Sound Labs MG SI 15 DT. The Technics was, on balance, for stereo music reproduction, as good as any of them and cost me under $150 from Fry's. The Technics just works ridiculously well with the M3s. I could've saved myself a bundle if I had stayed with good enough. At least I now have an amp with fire bottles which provokes as much conversation as muffled laughter.

Bottom line, if any of you come across a nice Technics SADX 940, which would probably cost you under $100 used, grab it. You won't be sorry.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.