I built a few DIY tweaks I'm trying out now. I found some pink dense foam insulation that is folded accordion style. The nice thing is you can make it as thick as you want, and the folding actually leaves air space in between the layers. My first version is 2 inches deep in a corner, with about 6 layers of this insulation board. Not sure the reflective attributes but I was very surprised that sound moves through them very well - perhaps too well.

Putting a think layer in front of a speaker barely decreased the spl level just behind it. Yet, while hanging on the wall, you can fell them move like a slow moving bass driver. That leads me to believe they are absorbing the sound (thus transforming the sound back into mechanical motion). So in theory I think they "work" but I can't tell you that I notice much difference in sound. I need to build a few more and see how it goes once I have the back wall of small room treated.

Going to cover one with wine corks to give it a more artistic flair. (Can never have enough flair, right!) Anybody know the reflective attributes of cork? I'm hoping the round surface and soft skin will result in good diffusion and absorbsion, but I might be preventing the pink stuff from doing anything with cork on the surfact??? (Some studying would probably be helpful, but winging it is so much more time consuming!) If anybody has a surplus of wine corks send them down! On second thought, just send the wine and i'll send the corks back to you so you can build your own. Yeah, that's a better approach.

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire