Your Energy ESW-8 would work fine with the M22s however if you’re not happy with it then you’ll still want to replace it eventually.

If there is any chance you could fit a M22 below or above your TV to use as a center speaker that would give you the optimal setup of having 3 identical speakers across the front. Also a single M22 is even a little cheaper than a VP100.

If your putting your system together a piece at a time I also think you should decide on your main L/R speakers first. I think Axiom estimates return shipping on a pair of bookshelf speakers to be about $30.00 if you decided you don’t like the way they sound.

Depending on where you sit in relation to your speakers you could use a “phantom center” if you don’t get an Axiom center with the M22s.

Consider ordering from the factory outlet to save 10%. All my speakers are from the outlet and none of them have even had a blemish as far as I can tell.

After upgrading your mains what comes next depends on what you are least satisfied with in your current system. If you didn’t get and can’t do without a matching center I would replace that next otherwise I would run a phantom center and replace it last. If you watch lots of action movies and really don’t like your subwoofer then that would be next followed by surrounds. If you can live with the subwoofer then I would get the surrounds first and then a sub.

As far as which Axiom speakers to get I would go with the following:

Mains: M22s
Center: M22 (if you can fit one) or VP150 (if you ever plan to move to a larger room) otherwise VP100.
Surrounds: QS4 or QS8 (if you ever plan to move to a larger room)
Sub: EP350 or something from SVS or HSU (matching subs isn’t as important as other speakers)

Semper Fi,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1