Originally Posted By: merchman
I've had my m80's at that level several times and noticed the same, being that it wasn't irritating. When I had my m3's at the same level in the same room, it was a different situation. Not sure if that is how you see, or should I say, hear it. I think the m80's would impress you but your PSB's seem to be holding their own.

Since I often mention my towers are not Axiom, I should take this time to admit that the only characteristic of my system that stands out at 100db plus is a slightly bright flavor on the upper range. The Sax just hits a bit too high, DM's voice just hits the edge of shrill. I mean these are nits I'm picking, but in full honesty I could see focusing on that when I upgrade. But, in full honor to my trustee PSBs, I was surprised how much of that tone is helped by putting a layer of (UGLY) pink insulation board for about 24 inches in front of the speakers. I won't let the towers off the hook, but clearly in my room the reflections exaggerate these notes.

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire