My first 'good' set of speakers were an Energy Take 5 system. I still have them. I still consider them to be pretty good little speakers. A pair of the satellites live in our kitchen now, connected to an old receiver. They provide light background music for cooking & entertaining. They're great for that.

When I first bought my M22's + VP150, I simply dropped them in place of the front Take 5's. So for over a year, I used a pair of Take 5's as my surrounds in my system. They coexisted well together, I thought. Their timbre was close enough that movie effects blended well.

As someone who can directly compare the M22's with Energy Take 5 speakers, I can say that you'll absolutely love the M22's. M22's have *far* more room presence than the little Take's. M22's are just as clean and will deliver equally beautiful highs, but with MUCH more mid and low end. And they'll play considerably louder too. Though like the Take's, you will still need a sub if you want full-range 'reference' levels (i.e., LOUD!!) of sound.

Good luck!

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office