Originally Posted By: sirquack
hmmm, that one comes with the 1/4-20 shaft, which would match the Axiom female threads...I'm just worried that when tilted it won't hold position from the weight of the Qs8's...

Randy, I did this same research on the Omnimount finding the 3/8" 20lb brkt. issue. Nice to hear the 10lb Omnimount wold probably hold, BUT, if you look at the diagrams of the 10 and 20 Omni's, you'll find the 1/4" SS 10's are about 2" shorter. That would give them essentially the same 2" (parallel) and 3"+ (tilted). If that works for you, I'd say it is a good way to go. Expescially if you find them in stock at Lowes. Easy to return if the socket has any problem holding the 13 lbs at an angle. Mount them, tap them a bit to see if the swivel ball moves. If not you should be good to go. For me, I want to mount them parallel to ceiling with maybe 5" top clearance. I have the space (vaulted ceiling), so why go with a min. possible top clearance, to me. For the height. If I decide I want to tilt, I'll consider the longer Omni 20's with an adapter.

I did not go at far as to look for a 3/8" to 1/4" adapter. Where did you find that one? (say Lowes! ;o)

I went to Lowes to look at the Omni's but totally forgot to look at them because I got side tracked looking to 'create' a mount I could easily swivel front to back. I thought the Omni 'ball' would need to be loosened to spin 180º, which I'd rather not bother messing with. My plan A will be mounting QS8 to a 1/2" galv. pipe which is threaded into a flood light receptacle cover, mounted to a ceiling rafter.

Randy, for you setup, I would consider either insertinf a wedge of the desired angle, made out of wood. You should be able to attach the wedge to the QS8 with a 1/4-20 bolt, then just use two or three screws through your existing (nice looking) shelf brackets. The wedges painted black, I think would look good. You could even paint them gloss black to match the nice covers over your shelf brackets. Just a thought.

Dave

"In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they're not."