Yes, I ought to agree with my wife more often too. In the end, she's usually right. \:\) I see no reason why this AVR debacle is any different. ;\)

I'd say that in your situation, the 80/100 xover is not a problem.

When my setup was M22's + VP150 + Energy Take5 surrounds, I kept it at an 80hz crossover. It worked well. 80hz is a good xover for M22's and the VP150. I assume that the w versions are similar. If 90 is optimal, then I doubt you'd have issues running 80 or 100. You're just shifting a tiny amount of bass between speakers & sub. NBD, IMHO. If you needed a 200hz crossover and your AVR could only do 80hz, that would be a problem.

With the M80's, I'd like to cross them at more like 50hz but leave the VP150 + QS8's at 80hz. The idea that this new state-of-the-art near-flagship receiver can't do it just irritates me. I'm easily irritated by little quirks like that.

To be fair, I've read at least one article (which of course, I can't remember where) that says that independent crossovers can cause problems in a setup, and that most users are better off with just a global xover anyway. Probably one sponsored by Pioneer.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office