Hey everyone, well just to remind everyone my Denon 2805 is like 5+ years old, and does not have Audyssey, but does have a setup mic for measuring distance, levels, speaker size, etc from ONE location.

Mel, I always go back and just verify the dB levels with my Radio Shack SPL meter, and it usually is very accurate. I have found that the Denon seems to calibrate everything to 72dB's which I usually use 75dB, not much difference. As long as everything is the same, that is what is important.

For distance, my 350's are always exactly what I found find using a tape measure, but the 600 is always like 13-15ft further than actual measurment. So that is the one I'm changing.

Now, keep in mind I'm not familiar with Audyssey, yet. \:\) I have heard there are some settings you can change after Audyssey does its thing, and some if you change it will disable Audyssey.

I think you can set speakers from large to small with no problems, as that is the receiver doing that, not Audyssey, and they normally recommend using small. However, I'm not sure about dB levels or distance settings, that might disable Audyssey, can't remember.

I think I've heard that the newer receivers are better at calculating distance, so if you get no more than 3ft added on, your probably ok. I believe the Audyssey Logo on the receiver screen will go away if Audyssey disables itself.

Laura, I can send you a PM about the amps...

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85